13 Things to Hold Onto For Next Year’s Taxes

Ms. Career Girl

Probably the most well-known tax form is the W-2. Freelancers and self-employed contractors may file a 1099 to report earnings for the year. The document may show the disbursements for real estate taxes and property insurance. The post 13 Things to Hold Onto For Next Year’s Taxes appeared first on Ms. Career Girl. Are you breathing a sigh of relief now that tax season is officially over?

2017 116

Five Short Q & A’s on Saturday

Sklover Working Wisdom

Question 4 - Job Offer Withdrawn: I was offered a job for six months as an independent contractor, but that offer was rescinded for no reason. My question is this: can I break it if the owner has done some questionable things regarding comingling of money from his real estate company with money from the insurance company. Also, he has not paid commissions, is a willing partner in allowing an employee to forge a W-2 statement and other problems, too. .

2011 116

I promised to stay for a year but want to leave now, using my own personal computer at work, and more

Ask a Manager

The problem is that I’m W-2 and when I got to work the first day, there wasn’t a computer at my desk. His last assistant was a real estate agent and contracted and worked for a percentage of sales. As a W-2, doesn’t my employer need to provide the tools for me to perform my work? The IRS rule on contractors versus employees doesn’t require the employer to provide your work tools. It’s five answers to five questions. Here we go….

W-2 30